Principles of Health Informatics Report Question
Principles of Health Informatics Analytical Report Question
Digital technology has revolutionised the way data is collected, stored, organised and managed.
Your task is to write a report evaluating the role played by artificial intelligence in improving the delivery of quality patient care at reduced costs. Apply the report to the following Healthcare organisations:
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (https://www.kch.nhs.uk/)
TASK 1: Identify three (3) capabilities of artificial intelligence. Then, analyse the challenges and benefits of its employment in health care delivery. (50 marks)
Points to consider:
- The capabilities of artificial intelligence
- The applications of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- The benefits of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Barriers to adopting artificial intelligence in Healthcare
- Analysis of the impact of artificial intelligence in health care delivery
TASK 2: Evaluate three (3) challenges (ethical, social or legal that) artificial intelligence presents for patients and clinicians.
- The ethical challenges of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- The social challenges of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- The legal challenges of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Evaluation of the challenges that artificial intelligence presents for patients and clinicians
- Analyse the role of informatics and analytics in health care delivery.
- Evaluate both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ factors that impact the implementation of an informatics strategy in health care delivery.
- Identify key success criteria in the design, implementation and application of information and technology-based innovations in public health and health care services delivery, management, and planning.
Principles of Health Informatics Analytical report MOD006959