Promoting health and preventing ill health Essay Question
- Think about a health condition (e.g. stroke/diabetes/dementia or an issue that affects health (e.g. pollution/knife crime/domestic violence) that you are interested in or important to you for promoting health or preventing ill health.
- Why is this health condition or health issue important?
- What do you need to do to promote the health of individual or group for the condition of your interest?
- Identify a health condition or health issue and state a title for your summative assignment.
- Introduce your assignment, signposting the purposes and contents of your assignment (150 words)
- Describe background of health condition including definitions and types; 150-200 words; 2 to 3 references.
- Explain rationale for choice of health condition including importance; 150-200 words; 2 to 3 references.
- Discuss the epidemiology of your health condition, including risk factors, who is at risk, how it presents, prevalence or incidence in specific area; 250 words; 2 to 3 references.
- Explain an assessment of the health condition, including assessment tools (if applicable); 200 words; 2 to 3 references.
- Describe 1 to 3 health promotion goals that you will like to achieve, ensuring SMART objectives; 300 words; 2 to 3 references.#
- Critically discuss interventions for your health promotion goals, including roles of the individual, relations, groups, communities, multi and inter disciplinary teams, organisations, departments, etc
- Remember to give interventions for each health promotion goal you will like to achieve
- 800-words; check coherence, clarity, academic integrity, synthesis, analysis, reflection; 5 to 10 references
- Critically discuss the evaluation of your health promotion care planning, especially your interventions, including effectiveness, what works or not work, alternatives, justification, and recommendations
- 600 words; 5 to 10 references
- Conclusion Reinforce the key elements of your assignment do not any anything new here. Reference your conclusion 300 words
- Design a health promotion care plan for a condition of health or a condition that affects health covering the following: title, introduction, rationale, background, epidemiology, assessment, goals, interventions, evaluation, conclusion, and references