Banking Report Sample
Law, PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE RESEARCH REPORT
- Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the relevant area
- Analysis of complex legal, factual, business and/or management issues, as appropriate
- Application of knowledge and understanding to the task
- Ability to select and use appropriate information in support of the argument
- Ability critically to evaluate information as appropriate
- Ability to reach a clear and reasoned solution to the problem(s) raised in the task, addressing any ethical and commercial issues, as appropriate
- Ability to communicate using a clear and logical structure and language appropriate to the task.
Banking Report Question
To what extent does the present law relating to the formation, registration and priority of security interests in commercial transactions strike an appropriate balance between the interests of creditors, competing creditors, and debtors? Formulate reasoned proposals for how, in your view, the system of secured commercial transactions could be improved.
In preparing your report you need to address the following areas:
1. The historic basis and development of the law relating to the formation, registration and priority of security interests;
2. The current rules governing the formation, registration and priority of security interests;
3. A review of the literature to assess the advantages and disadvantages of the current law and proposals for reform;
4. Your proposals (including the rationale) and how they compare to other jurisdictions; and
5. What those proposals would achieve by reference to striking a balance between the interests of creditors, competing creditors, and debtors.