Law, Professional Practice Report
- Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the relevant area
- Analysis of complex legal, factual, business and/or management issues, as appropriate
- Application of knowledge and understanding to the task
- Ability to select and use appropriate information in support of the argument
- Ability critically to evaluate information as appropriate
- Ability to reach a clear and reasoned solution to the problem(s) raised in the task, addressing any ethical and commercial issues, as appropriate
- Ability to communicate using a clear and logical structure and language appropriate to the task
Family Law Report Question
To what extent does the current law on surrogacy in England and Wales protect the interests of the child involved, the surrogate mother and the intended parents? Critically evaluate whether the law in this area should be reformed? Formulate any reasoned proposals for how, in your view, the law could be improved In preparing your report you need to address the following areas:
1. The development of the law regarding surrogacy.
2. The current law on surrogacy.
3. A review of the literature to assess the pros and cons of the current system and proposals for reform. 4. Your proposals and rationale for any further reform.