Intellectual Property Law Report Sample
Law, Professional Practice Research Report
- Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the relevant area
- Analysis of complex legal, factual, business and/or management issues, as appropriate
- Application of knowledge and understanding to the task
- Ability to select and use appropriate information in support of the argument
- Ability critically to evaluate information as appropriate
- Ability to reach a clear and reasoned solution to the problem(s) raised in the task, addressing any ethical and commercial issues, as appropriate
- Ability to communicate using a clear and logical structure and language appropriate to the task
Intellectual Property Law Title
Analyse the impact which the Digital Copyright Directive (“the Directive”) will have on stakeholders in, and consumers of, copyrighted material within the EU. Evaluate whether it strikes an appropriate balance between the rights of copyright owners and internet platforms such as news aggregators, search engines and website owners. In preparing your report you need to deal with the following instructions:
1. Provide a critique of the system prior to introduction of the Directive which should centre on whether the balance referred to above existed. You should give an overview of the problems with the use of copyrighted material which the Directive aims to solve.
2. Explain the key highlights of the Directive, concentrating on its most notable provisions. You should analyse the arguments for and against the inclusion of these provisions.
3. Give your opinion as to the likely success or otherwise of the Directive.