Tourism & Hospitality Management Project Sample
Hospitality Management with Travel and Tourism modules.
Investigative Project in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
You are required to conduct a secondary research project for a strategic issue of a Tourism or Hospitality organisation or destination of your choice. You may utilise any company, sector, function or industry. This assignment represents 80% of the overall module marks and covers Learning Outcomes 1-5.
- Critically analyse the application of various theoretical models of strategic management in differing organisational contexts
- Develop a critically informed understanding of the strategic decisions which are critical in particular situations
- Synthesise knowledge of a range of management functions into critical aspects of strategy and the strategic process.
- Critically evaluate the impact of the business environment on the success of an organisation.
- Formulate recommendations to support relevant future strategic plans for a hospitality or tourism organisation.
Investigative project report for a hospitality or tourism organisation or destination. You are required to conduct a secondary research project for a strategic issue of a Tourism or Hospitality organisation or destination of your choice. You may utilise any company, sector,
function or industry.
- Future Business Strategy or operational changes
- Human Resource Management strategic issues or Performance Management challenges
- Cultural & Structural changes (including M&A – mergers and acquisitions)
- Encouraging and organising innovation
- Integrating technology in operations
- Updating Marketing strategies (i.e. pricing, channels, or product and service features)
- Financial management strategies
- Risk management and challenging decision making
- Managing politics in organisations
- Managing knowledge (intra- and inter-organisational)
- Evaluation of strategic decisions (present or future)
This is not an exclusive list of management areas; you are welcome to use many other opportunities as the scope of the investigative project is broad and flexible. Perhaps you would like to choose a topic that has been of strong personal interest lately.
You are tasked to write an investigative report on a real Tourism or Hospitality organisation or destination. Acting like an external management consultant you will analyse the company or destination and its environment using publicly available data. Your focus should be on any –or more– of the areas mentioned above.
The report should identify areas for improvement and the rationale for change. As this investigative project deals with strategic management issues you will need to apply the theories you have learnt throughout your course.